Prof. Paul Torrence (SIMBIOSIS – M. u.N. e.V. ) wrote per e-mail:
On April 17, 2012, the U.S. House of Representatives passed HR 4089, the Sportsmen’s Heritage Act, supposedly to protect and enhance opportunities for recreational hunting, fishing, and shooting.
This bill is a thinly disguised measure to gut the 1964 Wilderness Act and protections for every acre of the National Wilderness Preservation System.
Supported by the National Rifle Association, the bill would allow the dismemberment of wilderness through road, dam and building construction, as well as extensive habitat modifications. We are petitioning Senate Majority Leader Reid who can prevent this destructive legislation from going any further.
That’s why I signed a petition to The United States Senate.
Will you sign this petition? Click here:
- Repealing the Wilderness Act? (counterpunch.org)
- Now There’s a Petition to Get the White House to Help Randy Blythe (metalsucks.net)
- Making Way for More Bikes in National Parks – New York Times (blog) (green.blogs.nytimes.com)
- #Georgia Aquarium Plans To Import 18 Wild-Caught Belugas (spiritandanimal.wordpress.com)
- Shelby County Commission Files Petition To Stop School Vote (wreg.com)
- White House Ends Silence on UFOs and ETs with Rejection of PRG Disclosure Petition l – But Petition ll is Filed Seeking Examination of the Rockefeller Initiative (prweb.com)
- Crowdfunding Tax Break Petition – Initial Crowd Offering, Inc. Urges Congress to Provide Tax Incentives to Help Launch the CROWDFUND Act (prweb.com)
- Smith & Nephew’s :Response to Wright Medical Technology’s Citizen’s Petition to Deny PPrIA P040033 (earlsview.com)
- The perl script that powered the Alan Turing petition (jgc.org)
- Alex Durand: Time to celebrate America’s wild lands (knoxnews.com)
- Utah Suing Federal Government (minx.cc)