Like movies? Care about world conservation? Then New York is the place to be Oct. 16th through Oct. 20th.
The New York Wildlife Conservation Film Festival attracts over 4,000 attendees from the conservation, education, wildlife film and travel industries; including representatives from NATURE, National Geographic, PBS, Smithsonian Channel as well as wildlife filmmakers, distributors, producers and newcomers to the industry.
The festival provides a chance for discussion and negotiation for business opportunities for experts and wildlife activists alike. It also gives ample opportunity for the audience to interact with leading figures in the wildlife community.
Rhinoceroses The Curse of the Magic Horn (about three different rhinos, and the threats they face)
- Zimbabwe commemorates World Rhino Day (newsday.co.zw)
- Rhino Poaching has Increased 5000% in Past 6 Years (inhabitat.com)
- More than 600 rhinos killed in South Africa in 2013 (theguardian.com)
- New Al Jazeera series: Rhino rangers stars (spyghana.com)
- KWS moves 21 rhinos to Borana Rhino Sanctuary (capitalfm.co.ke)
- KWS kill 3 suspected poachers in Tsavo (capitalfm.co.ke)
- Record number of rhinos poached in 2013 (mnn.com)
- Rhino poaching hits new record in South Africa (theguardian.com)
- Rhino Rangers star in new Al Jazeera series (sierraexpressmedia.com)
- Rhino poaching has gone up 5000% since 2007 (treehugger.com)