In June 2012 an European Citizens’ Initiative “Stop vivisection” has been launched having the main objective an European legislative framework aimed at phasing out animal experiments, considering clear ethical objections to animal experiments and solid scientific principles that invalidate the “animal model” for predicting human response. The European Citizens’ Initiative asks the European Commission to eliminate the animal experiments and replace them with alternative methods, non-animal techniques that frequently prove cheaper, quicker, more sensitive, and more adaptable and effective.
1 November is the last day when you can sign saying NO to animal experimentation and urge the European Union to eliminate the animal experiments. 1 million signatures of European citizens are necessary for taking part in legislative decision making process of the European Union.
Please, sign it:
- Vivisection: Morally Indefensible AND Scientifically Fraudulent (mickeyzvegan.wordpress.com)
- The NFL Must Stop Funding Animal Testing (forcechange.com)
- Animal Testing in the Beauty Industry (maryodonnellbeauty.com)
- Nestle conducts animal experiments. (peace4animalscornwall.wordpress.com)
- In Defense of Animals (girrlearth.com)
- 10 Most Bizarre Animal Experiments In History (listverse.com)
- Third successful citizens’ petition calls for end to animal testing (euractiv.com)
- Protect Animals from Cruel Laboratory Testing (forcechange.com)
- Testing and Experimenting on Animals (7aqua.wordpress.com)